What is Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)? Why is it important? How do I know if the IAQ in my building is good or bad? What is the solution to a poor IAQ?
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) is the term used to describe the measurement of the condition of the air inside a building. Knowing whether your IAQ is healthy or unhealthy will contribute to the comfort, health, and well-being of a building and its occupants. To know whether your building possesses a healthy IAQ level, our Airthings solutions are the perfect choice.
The characteristics of positive Indoor Air Quality are:
- Low concentrations of pollutants
- Adequate ventilation
- Appropriate humidity levels
- Comfortable temperature
- Absence of unpleasant odors
Reasons why a good IAQ is important:
- Health benefits
- Improved cognitive function of building occupants
- Increased comfort among occupants
- Increased levels of productivity
- Prevention of building related illnesses
- Long term health protection